Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Passing Along Hugs

Three years ago today (man sometimes it seems like it was a lot longer than that, and other times it seems like yesterday) I was at my parents house waiting for Justin to make the drive up from Alabama. He had just finished flight school and we were moving in with my parents as we transitioned into a new life. My 8 year old niece, Jada, had been sick and was being transferred from Laramie to the Children's Hospital in Denver. We were all worried about her and I remember asking Sydnee to kneel down with me to say a prayer for her. A few minutes later my Dad came walking up the stairs, I heard his slow foot steps and came to meet him at the top...I could tell something was wrong and I asked him, "What?"
He hung his head and said, "She didn't make it."
I remember hugging my Dad and crying, "What is Ashlee going to do?" I knew Jada would be alright now, but my sister...that was where the pain was. As sad as I felt, I knew it couldn't compare to the pain that Ashlee and Gerry were feeling and would continue to feel.

Sometimes it is hard to not focus on the sorrow and pain, but when I think of Jada, I like to remember the wonderful things about her...
Jada was a very active, happy little girl with the most wonderful laugh. She kept everyone on their toes and loved giving hugs...As a special tribute to Jada and her hugs, my sister has a request posted on her blog. Check it out and watch the beautiful slide show here.

Here are some pics I have of Jada...
Kyle and Jada:

Back when my mom only had 3 grandchildren: My Dad and Jada dozing off:Sydnee and Charlee with the Burton kids (Jada is holding Charlee):
Jada will always be in our hearts...we miss her dearly and look forward to being reunited with her again someday...now that's a hug to look forward to.

5 comments:

Burton Family said...

Thank you for thinking of us. Also, thank you for the plant. It is beautiful and the purple butterfly added just the right special touch. Love you. Hug the kids for us. <3

Vicki said...

I love the pics you have of Jada. Especially the one of her with dad.
It is so true what you say about how great a hug she will give someday.

Justin said...

I have thought about this alot lately and wanted to say thanks for the pics. I sure miss Jada! Please let ash and ger know I'm thinking of them. I Love You Baby!

Stacey said...

What a touching post, Teri. I think the pictures are wonderful and a sweet tribute to your beautiful niece.

Tracy said...

{{HUGS}} for your entire family!! Thanks for the gentle reminder...that even though life goes on, sometimes it is never the same for others and the pain is constant.

Very thoughtful tribute!