Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time flew by

Having Justin home was wonderful. We made the most of every second we had him with us. I had forgotten what it was like to have someone else to change diapers and get the girls whatever they were asking for...but I adjusted quickly. ;)

On Wed. we just hung out at home. Sydnee wouldn't give Justin a break; she was constantly saying she was bored and wanted to play a game with Daddy. If Justin thought we was going to get to come home and just relax, he was sorely mistaken. The girls kept him very busy. :)

We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at home with just the five of us. We still have tons of leftovers...little girls don't eat much. I am so thankful that Justin got to be home with us for Thanksgiving. He will be home before next year's Thanksgiving too, so he won't have to miss one; that is something to be truly thankful for.
Justin and I had the opportunity to go do a little Christmas shopping on Friday. We got a babysitter and got a small fraction of our shopping done. We took a break from shopping and went to Twilight together.
On Sat. we put up our Christmas tree. Justin wanted to be able to help, and I needed him to help because our 12 ft. tree is not easy to put up. The girls were very excited to start decorating it. They had to be patient though, because it took me a long time to shape the big tree. Cash (our cat) was very excited to start taking down the ornaments. He was climbing the tree and knocking stuff off; we had to lock the pest downstairs. We finally got it finished and relaxed the rest of the evening. We watched some Christmas movies and enjoyed our Christmas decorations.


Cash finally got tired after playing in the tree all day:
The finished tree:Tada!Saying goodbye on Sun. wasn't any fun, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think that saying goodbye isn't the worst part, it's the coming home and dealing with everyday life without him that is rough. The whole thing was made easier by my friend Renae. She and her husband Keith came up on Sunday, drove with us to Cheyenne, and stayed with me until Mon. night. Renae always finds time for me and I really appreciate that. She and Keith were very patient with my kids (and dumb cat and dog) (and yes, Renae was patient with kids, amazing but true.) They will make great parents someday...hopefully someday soon. ;)
We already miss Justin again, but I know this will all be over soon (not soon enough...but soon.)

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Your tree is awesome! I need to get cracking in that area... we helped alyce set up hers, and that drained me of my excitement to set ours up.

Jill Asay said...

What a beautiful tree...all 12 feet of it! It sounds like you had a good time with Justin!

Emily Asay said...

Your tree is so pretty. I wish I had tall celings so I could have a tree like that! :)

The Leithead Family said...

You must be a very strong woman. I admire that and enjoy reading your blog. Tell Justin thanks for serving our country...and thank you for being strong enough to let him. I'm glad you had such a nice time while he was home! It is a blessing that you have such wonderful friends and family to help you through this coming year. Oh - and I love your tree...wow!

Tracy said...

Your tree is BIG and GORGEOUS!!! Happy to hear your Thanksgiving was good!! Hang in there! :-)

Stacey said...

I am so happy you had a great time with Justin and that he did all that with the girls, because you are right he won't miss Tgiving next year or putting the tree up. When does he leave the states? You are in our thoughts! Keep your chin up, you are amazing

KrIStiN said...

I'm glad Justin was able to come and spend a holiday with you guys! Sounds like you had fun just being together as a family! I also love your tree! It's so pretty, mine is lookin pretty scraggly (spelling) Kennadee loves to take the decorations off!