Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chocolates

This past week I got to work on my favorite Christmas candy...Homemade chocolates!
My Grandma always makes these and they are soooo good. A few years ago, my sisters and I decided we wanted to learn how to make them, so we went to Star Valley for a lesson. It was a lot of fun, and so great to get to spend time watching a talented woman in action.
This is my third year to make them and I still had to call my Grandma for help with the fondant. I dipped over 225 of these things! I ran out of chocolate after these, and I still had some fondant and carmels left; so this is not all my friends, this is not all. There are mint, maple, carmels (homemade of course), strawberry-banana, blueberry (real blueberries in them, Justin's fav), and marshmallows. They are no where near as pretty as my Grandma makes them, but I think I'm getting better at that too...just give me a few/ten more years.

6 comments:

KrIStiN said...

You're gonna make mine look bad..that's what our plans are today..homemade carmels and truffles!! Yours look YUMMY!!

Stacey said...

YUMMOOOO!!!!! That must have taken so long. Isn't it great to use a family tradition?

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Yum, Yum, I love chocolate:):) Looks like a lot of work.

Carola said...

Wow Teri, Grandma will be impressed, I am.

Renae and Keith said...

Where the heck is my recipe???

Jill Asay said...

Those look amazing! Way to go!!