Monday, December 15, 2008

Are you kidding me???

I just got back from the post office. I have always heard horror stories about the lines at the post office around Christmas, but I have never needed to mail packages before, so I haven't witnessed it myself. I got to the post office and couldn't believe my eyes...No way was I waiting that long, but I really needed to get Justin's package shipped and a few other family members' presents sent. So, I went to the UPS store to see if the lines were better. The lines were a lot shorter and I like the way the UPS store is set up much better than the PO. I knew I could survive the wait there.
After about an hour I walked out, packages shipped, weight off my shoulders, and $99.31 poorer.


*My car thermometer said it was -1 degree today. It is cold outside.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I refuse to go stand in post office lines any more. I always go to UPS or FedEx stores, faster and more efficient! Glad you got them off to Justin! We had a cold spell here, too...it was 55..brrrr ha!

KrIStiN said...

I had the same experience except I was dumb enough to stand in the line for over an hour at the post office to buy some stupid stamps! (it must have been a blonde moment, cuz Walmart sells stamps too and didnt realize it till I was next in line) I'm glad you were smarter! ha ha

Renae and Keith said...

It was close to 40 here today and was still cold as heck! By the way, the post office is horrible. I hate em!

Vicki said...

I went to the UPS store and the post office today... for me the wait was worse at the UPS store...

nina said...

$99.00? I feel your pain!

Lundberg Family said...

i'm heading there tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Oh well...the price you pay. It has been freezing here..yesterday I took the kids to school and it was -21 normal temp...yikes! BRRRR Happy Holidays