Sunday, December 7, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Today is my sister Vicki's birthday, and I wanted to wish her a happy bday. I don't have my baby book here at my house, so I can't pull out any old pics of her. I have also noticed that there really aren't any pics of me and my sisters or brothers together as adults (probably because my sisters and I have never been fans of the "other side" of the camera, maybe we get that from our dad. ;)
Since I don't have fun pics of Vicki to share, I thought I'd share some stories...
Vicki has always been really creative. I remember her telling me that she could do magic. She would tell me that if I found rocks that were about the same size and shape of m&m's, she could turn them into real m&m's. I would bring rocks to her, and she would do some fancy magic chant and...presto! There would be an m&m in her hand. I would get the m&m's, but she was very picky about the rocks that would work. I spent a lot of time looking for rocks...I think that was the point. ;)
I also loved sleeping on the tramp with Vicki because she would make up a lot of fun games to play. She would sleep in between Rob and I, and hold her hands up. She would ask a question and The first one to push her hand down got to answer. (This must have been the way I got to be smarter than Rob. haha jk) I remember one question was, "What is the opposite of a tree?" ...The answer was "bush."
Vicki was also creative with her ways of torturing me...
I remember her and Rob tying me to a chair with jump-ropes and locking me in the room under the stairs. Then she would tell me some scary story and run upstairs. ...Don't try to deny this Vic, it happened...more than once.
I could go on and on, but I better save some for next year. :)
Vicki is very talented, smart, and motivated. If she wants to do something, she figures out a way to get it done. Another thing I admire about Vicki is that she is honest and sincere. She says what she thinks, and you know that if she gives you a compliment, she means it.
I love ya Vic, happy birthday!

3 comments:

Carola said...

I remember some other under the stairs creative stories. I also add a Happy Birthday to our creative and inspiring Vicki.

Vicki said...

What! The opposite of a tree is a bush?! LOL I am the family genius-- haha
Ter, I am glad you remember a few positives mixed with the mean stuff. I now can change m&m's to rocks... I usually find a few in my van when I clean it out...

Stacey said...

Having Vicki as a sister probably made you tougher for when you married Justin!! ;)