Saturday, March 29, 2008

It was SUPPOSED to be a fun night...

Justin had Leadership Meetings in Cheyenne today. We had been planning to take the girls to Horton Hears a Who sometime today. After he got home we got everyone ready and headed to the 5:50 show. We were all sat down with drinks and popcorn, when Sydnee said her stomach hurt. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said yes. I couldn't leave without taking Justee or she would cry and then, of course, Charlee had to come too. The four of us went into the bathroom and then went back into the movie. Not 3 minutes after we sat back down, I heard it...the awful sound of heaving. Sydnee was sitting with her feet crossed on her seat and her coat in her lap, she had a horrible look on her face. Every part of her was covered in vomit. I sat there shocked and wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation. I tried to get Justin's attention (he was 3 seats down from me) without making it obvious what was going on. He took Justee and left, but didn't know what was going on. I tried to clean Sydnee up as much as possible before parading her to the bathroom. When we came out, Justin had a look of shock on his face like, What the heck happened? Here is where is gets pretty gross...Poor Sydnee had puke everywhere. It was in her hair, on her face, on her shirt, on her pants, and in her shoes. This was thanks to her sitting with her feet up in her seat. To make an already long story short, we let someone know what had happened and they gave me bags to put Syd's clothes in and put stuff down in the theater to start the clean-up process. Sydnee was really embarrassed and didn't want to leave the bathroom stall. I had to clean her up by walking back and forth from the sink to the stall. She had to wear my jacket out of the theater. Charlee was sad because she wanted to finish the movie, but we got vouchers so we can go back and watch it later. Hopefully it will be a better experience next time...I don't think it could be worse.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yuck. So so sorry. I hope that Sydnee is feeling better. Horton is a cute movie. :)

nina said...

I'm sorry you had such an unfortunate night. If it makes you feel any better, we went to watch the movie too last week, and my daughter screemed and kicked through the entire thing, because she didn't want to sit still.