Saturday, March 8, 2008

Losing an Hour of Sleep

It is Daylight Savings tomorrow and I know it is going to be hard to get everyone up and ready for church in the morning. I really should be in bed, but I can't sleep right now. This is Justin's weekend for Guard Drill, and when he is gone it is hard to go to bed alone. The girls wanted to sleep in my bed since Daddy is gone. I told them they could and when it was bedtime, they went very willingly and got into my bed. This is how I found them last night...

It doesn't look very comfortable to me.


Then tonight I went up to check on them and this is how I found them...
It looks like Charlee is getting revenge.

My lesson in church tomorrow is on Encouraging Family Unity... Maybe Charlee and Sydnee are just demonstrating this principle. For my lesson I made these jar handouts. They have this quote by H. Burke Peterson around them...“May I suggest that we give more of ourselves. … It might be something as simple as smiling more in your home.
“What would you think of speaking more cheerfully? Trying more often to say please and thank you?
“What would you think of finding an opportunity for one sincere compliment for each [person] each day, and then watching them respond?
“What if you decided to be cheerful tonight at the dinner table, and in spite of what others might do or say, hold to your course. See how long you can uplift your whole family.”...They are filled with candy hearts to represent the love that should be in the home and they have a rope tied around them to represent the strength of the family when all "strands" are working toward a common goal.
I love my calling as Laurel advisor and the Young Women in my class (and ward in general) are exceptional girls. (It is much better than our last calling: Nursery.)

3 comments:

Kara said...

You're lucky that your kids only sleep in your bed when Justin is gone. We get to sleep with our kids (Katelyn atleast) EVERY night! Its not fun...at all!
Those jars you made are soo cute! How creative. I've never had a calling in Young Womens but after being the primary for 7 years, I'm beginning to think it would be a nice change.
Your dentist post has officially scared me into going to the dentist. I too HATE going and was lauging at all of your tounge and swallowing thoughts and comments because I have thought the same thing. I have a cavitity towards the back that I know has been there for a while. I think that I'll just go get it fixed before it turns into needing a root canal. I'm too big of a wuss to have to go through anything like that.

Lauren said...

We have the same problem like Kara. Grace is ALWAYS in our bed. It's really annoying. Anyways, you are so creative with your jars! They are so cute! I bet that you're an AWESOME Laurel advisor. :) Right when I got married, I was the Laurel advisor. It was really funny because I was still 18, just like some of the girls. :) I'm just the primary chorister now, ward organist, and on the activities committee now... The dentist thing? Sorry. That's terrible. I LOVE THE DENTIST. Weird I know. I have a ton in my family and I'm lucky that my Aunt and Uncle here in AZ are both dentists!

Ranee` said...

One more thing I've discovered about your Teri, you're crazy creative! Those jars are awesome! I hear you on not liking to be alone. Adam just got off the midnight shift and last week I slept horrible! I know I'm going to hate this summer when he works on the mountain four days a week! (Sleep, however, I'm sure, will probably not be a problem...)