Sunday, August 2, 2009

What I Know

A couple of weeks ago, I taught a lesson in Young Women on Testimonies. I challenged my Laurel class to get up and bare their testimonies in Sacrament meeting today. I couldn't extend that challenge without standing up myself...so that is what I did.
I also thought I would take this opportunity to write down what I said today...

Having a Testimony that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Savior of the World is the greatest blessing in my life. I know that he lived, suffered for my sins, and died for me so that I could have eternal life. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church. I know that the Lord restored the Gospel through Joseph Smith. I know that this church is led by a living Prophet today. I know that the Lord hears and answers prayers...I have been witness to this. I can't imagine going through life without knowing these truths. I am so grateful to be a member of this church. I see blessings come into my life daily as a result. I am grateful for the great examples I have in my life and for the acts of service that are given to me and my family. I testify that Christ lives and loves each of us.

That is what I have found for myself to be true.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing Teri.

Tracy said...

Amen!! Thanks for sharing, we all need each other's testimonies to keep growing and strengthening our own.

Michelle Thompson said...

What a wonderful testimony Teri! That is awesome that you shared on your blog!