Friday, August 14, 2009

Date with Sydnee



Sydnee and I had a great day on Thursday. We spent the day together in preparation for Sydnee to return to school next week. (I totally messed up on the date of when school starts...not sure how that happened.) First we went to lunch at Sydnee's choice, Red Robin. It was really nice to enjoy time with her and not be worried about the younger ones causing trouble. She seemed so grown up as she ordered her meal:

"Can I have the spaghetti, please?"

"What side would you like?"

"I'll have the carrots please." After the waitress left she said to me, "I got the carrots cause they are healthy for you."

Not that ordering a meal is anything special, but it just made her seem so grown up.

After lunch we went shopping and got Sydnee some shoes and clothes for school. Then we went to a movie. Sydnee was very excited about getting to go to a 3D movie. We went to G-Force, and it was pretty cute. Sydnee really liked it. I really liked all the previews of the movies that will be out when Justin gets home...There are some cute family ones we will definitly have to go to.

I have been wanting to spend some one-on-one time with Syd, and I am glad I got the chance. Later that night when we were back home, Syd came up to me and hugged me, "Thank you for taking me shopping today, Mom. I had lots of fun." That was definitely icing on the cake.

*On another note...the Tooth Fairy made her appearance a little late. She had a very busy night and only made it to our house while we were at Gold's first thing the next morning. "Sometimes the Tooth Fairy does that, huh mom?" was Sydnee's response. She was happy to get her dollar none-the-less.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a great date!! Isn't is scary how fast they grow up?!! Syd is just getting cuter in every picture I see!! :-)

Stacey said...

Those dates are so important to both mom and child! You are such a great mommy and strong lady! I am glad you had a great date with Syd!

Bagleys said...

That is sooo cute! I can't wait to do that with my kids! You're a fun mom. :)