Monday, July 7, 2008

Sydnee is 6!

We had a very busy weekend with a Poison concert, Sydnee and Azurdey's birthday, the 4th, and a family reunion. I'm just gonna focus on the birthdays for this post.

Both Sydnee and Azurdey have their birthday on July 4th. They had a little party together in Star Valley at my aunt Debra's house (my mom's sister.) We had cake and opened presents and the kids got to put on fun glow-in-the-dark tattoos. Sydnee has been so excited to get to have her birthday with Grandma and Grandpa Putnam. Sydnee got a scooter and a helmet, a keyboard, a princess barbie and her horse, a bubblegum machine, a piggy and a charm for her bracelet, a Love Dollar of course, and a swimming mermaid.
Gerry's brother's family came, and my aunt Debra and uncle Ron (not in pic), Vicki and her kids, Burtons, Mark, my mom, and my grandparents:

It is tradition to do a fun cut-out cake for birthdays. Half of the fun is picking out what cake to do. Sydnee was looking at different ideas of cakes with me and she decided that she wanted a cake that looked like a present. It was a different style than I have done before especially because it was done with fondant. Since we were going out of town, I didn't have a lot of time to do too complicated of a cake, and I had to do it on her birthday. (note to self: Never do a cake on the day of a birthday...way too stressful!) The big fluffy bow I wanted didn't work, so we improvised. It definitely shows that I am a first-timer and it pales in comparison to my sister's cake (she is amazing,) but I definitely learned some things and I think I will be ready the next time.
Blowing out the candles:The Birthday Girl with Great Grandma and Grandpa Putnam: Charlee enjoying some cake:

Of course that night we set off some fireworks. There were some really good ones since lots of family brought some for the family reunion. Justee loved them and she oohed and ahhed and clapped. Here is Sydnee with a sparkler:

4 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE the cake Teri! Glad you had a good weekend, and Happy Birthday to Sydnee!

Emily Asay said...

i think the cake looks awesome--i wish i knew how to do that!

KrIStiN said...

SOunds like you guys had a fun and busy weekend! That is a very cool cake...you don't look like a first timer doin those!! That is so neat!!

Vicki said...

cute pics ;)

(Also glad to see you liked the new bloglist too. I love being able to see who has posted just by going to y own blog!)