Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And the Award Goes To...

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a while. For starters, I have the best husband ever. Not only did he keep our 3 girls so I could go to a relief society activity (that's not the big deal, every husband out there better at least do that) but he kept Trisha's twin boys and Tami's 3 girls. The Nicholls boys even came over for a while; which added up for a grand total of.....12 kids! Not only did Justin watch the kids, but he made them lunch and cleaned up after them. I know I can always count on Justin to do these kinds of things for me. He is not one of those selfish husbands that only thinks of how he can have fun. He is always willing to do what he can in order for me to have fun too. So Justin gets the award for "Best Husband".


So, on to the fun that was had...I got to go to the relief society beach party. We went to the lake at Sister Larson's house and kayaked, tubed, and I even water-skied. The last and only time I ever water-skied was in Maryland when I was 13, so it was fun to get to try it out as an old lady. It was so much fun to get out and soak up some sun (I may have soaked up a little too much) and I'm very grateful that Justin watched the kids, so we could actually enjoy ourselves.

Last night Justin and I decided to go to a movie since it has been a while since we have been to a non-animated one. We passed on the Dark Knight and went to Hancock...good move...We both loved this movie...of course it didn't hurt that Will Smith was in it. I have to admit that I have a hidden talent or maybe it's a gift, whatever you want to call it I have it...(drum roll please) The ability to predict the endings to movies. Justin might be the only one who can vouch for me on this, but he has witnessed it on many occasions, like last night. Once in a while I am wrong...well not really wrong, but a little off...and that is rare, most of the time I nail it. Justin always accuses me of seeing the movie before or hearing about it from someone. Nope, I'm just good...so I get the award for "Smartest Moviegoer." I would tell you my predictions but I don't want to give anything away if you haven't seen the movie, and if you haven't seen it, you should...

What's a post without pics? So here are a couple of pics I took at Syd's t-ball game the other night. Another reason why Justin gets the best husband award...(Husband should be synonymous with dad, you can't be great at one without being great at the other. At least that's the way I see it.)

5 comments:

KrIStiN said...

Teri...I am so jealous of you..I wish I had a husband like that! You have no idea how I wish that!! Sounds like you had fun!! I think Justin is very deserving of that award! :)

Kristin said...

Yeah Justin! I dunno, he might have to fight Derek for that award...well most days, I guess. lol We saw Hancock last weekend, agreed-it's good. But I never saw that ending coming!! I'm curious now what part of it you guessed...? :P

Michelle Thompson said...

I guess I am a little prejudice since he is my brother, but you really do have a wonderful husband.

nina said...

Wow, he does deserve the best husband award! I don't even know if I could watch that many kids!

Ranee` said...

Please tell me you're still going to see Dark Knight? :)