Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blueberry Pie for Breakfast

I came downstairs after a shower this morning to find this on my floor...

This is the main spot, but there were many spots throughout my carpet with blueberry pie smashed into it. I asked Syndee what happened and she told me that Justee stole her pie. "Why did you have a pie?," I asked. "Daddy told me I could have one." Syd replied.

So I text Justin and ask why he let Sydnee have pie for breakfast. His response, "It wasn't breakfast, she already had a bowl of cereal. It was dessert." Hmmm, dessert at 9am?

First I take on the task of cleaning up the culprit. Does this sweet, innocent face (which happens to be covered from head to toe in blueberry) look like she could have made such a mess?

All that mess making must have tired Justee, and Cash, out. I'm just happy that I got every last speck of blueberry out of my carpet.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Nice... I think blueberry pie is a perfect breakfast dessert.

So, are you coming tonight? Hope so.

Jamie said...

Hi Teri, that is too funny! Reminds me of the Bill Cosby "Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake" routine! Glad to hear that it all came out of the carpet!

I noticed you got your fence fixed, and want to apologize again for that whole fiasco while you were gone. For some reason, the neighbors down here don't like me much, so they were trying to cause trouble when I came outside and saw Dozer in my front yard. Hope there are no hard feelings! Let me know if I can help out any!

nina said...

That's so funny! I can picture myself in the exact situation. Your looking at the older child that said "She took my pie" like, "Well why didn't you take it back form her!