Thursday, July 17, 2008

Things that Irritate, Annoy and Drive Me Nuts


1] I have three left shoes here...Where are the right shoes to go with them you might be wondering? That is a good question. The right shoes have been missing for at least a month. I have searched high and low for the other shoes in hopes of finding at least one to complete a pair. What makes this worse is that Justee hasn't even worn one of the pairs and the other 2 she wore once or twice. We have two places where we keep her shoes: the closet by the front door and Justee's closet. I go to whichever closet I know the shoes I want are in, and there sits one (the left one) right where I left it, but it sits there lonely without its mate. I just don't get it!

2] Why is it soooo hard for Cat Deeley to say JessicA instead of JessicER?! I know it's the whole British Accent thing, but seriously...It's not that hard to say JessicA.

3] Whiny kids...enough said.

4] Public restrooms (especially the ones at Water World, because they are always soaking wet everywhere and just plain gross.) Now, I myself don't have a real problem with public restrooms, but when you have to take a 3 and a 6 year old to use them, it is more than gross. First of all, why do they flush so hard that they splatter all the sick substance that is supposed to go down, back out? Second, what is that split at the front of the toilet seat for? That filthy nook that is left exposed is the first place that little girls' legs go. (This nook MUST be covered with a nice padding of t.p., if no protective seat covers are available.) After little kids have put their hands all over the seat and everything else disgusting, you want to wash their hands as well as possible. Would it be that hard to put a step stool or something by the sink so they could wash their hands without having to be held in a strange position that seems to get water everywhere?
The other thing about public restrooms that makes me mad is that the men's rooms don't have baby changing tables (they are getting better about it.) That is just ridiculous. What is so hard about putting a changing table in the men's room too? Even at most churches there aren't changing tables in both restrooms. That seems really unfair to any single dads out there. (Hmm, maybe Justin is just trying to get out of a few diaper changes? Actually I have not believed him before and gone into a restroom to check for myself...I know, this does really irritate me.)


5] I try so hard to keep flowers and plants alive. My parents are great gardeners and my sister Ashlee has had the same plants for over 10 years. Where is my green thumb? I water them as often as I should without over watering, I place them in the appropriate sun exposure, why do they always die? My potted plants that I got this spring were really starting to look sad. While I was in Lovell over the weekend, I had a neighbor come and water my plants. I gave her the same instructions that I use and they look better than ever! Maybe I should try singing to them...no, that would just kill them faster. ...Plants just don't like me.

The list could go on and on, but I'll end there...maybe I'll follow up with a more positive, things I like post. ...someday.

4 comments:

Bob & Dani said...

Hey! I think that all your family pictures are really cute. I can't believe that your girls are so big. I agree about the Jessicer thing. I make fun of it every time!

KrIStiN said...

the shoes look like my situation at my house every day also, it was just a couple days ago when I was asking Kallie what happened to all of her shoes, i could find only one and no mate! So irritating! Good luck finding them, because i usually have no luck at all! :(

nina said...

I totally understand about the shoe situation. I'm convinced that Callie loses one while I'm carrying her outside or shopping at that I don't notice that one is gone till we get home.

Renae and Keith said...

Its kind of like the sock monster in the dryer. You know for a fact that all the socks were present entering the dryer, but yet the finished product is about 5 socks short! I also agree on the public rest room bit too. Nasty is the only word that comes to mind. Who is Cat Deely though? I am out of the loop.