Sunday, July 20, 2008

Estes Park and Syd on 2 Wheels


We had an eventful weekend. On Friday we went up to Estes Park to take in the mountain scenery. We had a little picnic and went on a little hike. We found a water snake next to a little stream and the girls were very worried when Justin asked them if he should catch it. Sydnee said, "Daddy, I really don't want that snake to bite you." Sydnee loved climbing up and down the steep hill. It reminded me of the time we took her down into Porcupine Falls. She was only four and she kicked Justin's and my butt. She was getting so far ahead that we were constantly yelling at her to slow down and wait for us because we couldn't see her. On our way home, we stopped at a little place in Estes Park and played mini golf and the girls and Justin went down this big slide. Justin and Syd rode some bumper cars and I think...wait, I'm sure that Justin had more fun than Syd.

When we got home Syd decided she wanted her training wheels off of her bike. Justin took them off and started teaching Syd to ride. I tried to help her for a little while and then decided it was best for both of us if I just let Justin do it. (I could never home school my kids; I just don't have the patience for it.) When I first rode a bike, I asked my dad to take my training wheels off and I just got on and rode. I didn't realize that it would take Syd a little while to catch on. After about 30 mins of practice we called it a night. Here's Syd's 1st try:


On Sat. we went to Water World and had a great time. Sydnee went on the slide called Storm with Justin. It took some coaxing, ok bribery, to get her to go down, but she finally did and she was very excited about it and says that she will do it next time we go too. When we got home, we pulled the bike out again and Syd can now ride pretty darn good. She can start on her own and ride around the block to the Nicholls house. Justin came around the corner to find her ringing their doorbell so she could show the Nicholls boys that she could ride her bike. She definitely needs more practice, but she is officially on 2 wheels!




2 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

congratulations Syd! You are doing great!

Jamie said...

Teri I saw you guys outside teaching her to ride the other evening! Looked like a lot of fun! And that slide in Estes is a MUST do for my kids every time we go up there!