Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl

We had a great Superbowl Sunday. After going to church first of course, we watched the game with the Nicholls family and ate a ton of food. I guess I didn't go to church because Justee was sick so I stayed home with her while Justin took Syd and Chaz. Justin said it was a really good fast and testimony meeting, and the Bishop gave a really good lesson in Priests (Justin is the assistant Priest leader.) Then Justin went with the missionaries to pass out sacrament to the home-bound.
When I am working in the kitchen, Justee loves to pull out all the bowls and play with them. While I was making spinach-artichoke dip I looked down to see that all the bowls were out of the cupboard and Justee was in it. Charlee kept shutting the door and playing peek-a-boo with her. She was loving it.
It was a great game and all of us were cheering for the Giants, so we were happy with the outcome. There were some big celebrations, but I think my favorite was when the Giants scored their last touchdown...Everyone was on their feet and Justin ran at Jared (Jared flinched because I think he thought Justin would tackle him), picked him up and ran across the room. Sydnee kept yelling down from her room that daddy needed to be quieter, but of course that wasn't going to happen.
Here is a little bit of what we had to eat: Pizza, wings, chips and seven layer dip, bread and spinach-artichoke dip, pistachios, veggies, dried fruit, candy, and pop.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Glad that you had a good day yesterday. Sounds like we were both slackers and "skipped" church. Even though I was sick I still got super excited and cheered about the game. I was happy with the outcome. An upset is way more exciting than a perfect season. In my opinion anyway.
I'm jealous of all your snacks and goodies for the game. I was lazy and just made chicken noodle soup and rolls for dinner. I guess there's always next year.

Lauren said...

We had a fun day, too. Your house is so pretty! I wish that we could've gotten together when I lived in Greeley. I bet Gracee and the girls would've had fun. I had no idea that Jared and Cherelle lived in Loveland. That's nice that you can get together with them. Yippee for the Giants! We were so excited, too! And your food looks so yummy. You should join our recipe group on the blog.