Monday, February 18, 2008

Long Night

Justin and I didn't go out on Valentine's Day; we waited and went out on the 15th. We went down to Denver and ate at The Oceanaire. It is a really nice seafood restaurant. I had Crab and Justin had salmon. It was really good and we had a great time. It was on our way home that the "fun" began. We were on a really busy I25 and we were glad we could take the HOV lanes (high occupancy vehicle, I just learned what that meant). Traffic was stop and go and we were coming to a stop...evidently the guy behind us hadn't realized that all the traffic was stopping in front of us. Justin saw him coming in the rearview mirror and told me to hold on. Justin tried to drive up around the car in front of us by squeezing between it and the barrier wall. He didn't make it; the Range Rover behind us smashed into us. We got pushed up onto the barrier wall with our left front tire. I thought we sideswiped one or two cars as we slid by them, but we didn't. Luckily I was wearing my seatbelt because I rarely put it on. Everyone was ok, but I was very thankful that our girls were not with us. We were a little sore for the next few days and I hit my elbow on something so it has a bruise, but overall we are fine. The Asian man that hit us didn't think it was his fault; the police saw it differently and he got a ticket. Both vehicles had to be towed and since it was Justin's work car, his company had to get us the towtruck they wanted...to make a long story short, we waited there for 2 hours until we finally got a towtruck and were able to climb in and start the 50 mile drive back to our house. We didn't get home until after 1 am. ...At least dinner went well. :)


2 comments:

Kara said...

Sorry about your wreck and the worst part...the two hour wait for the tow truck. However, I am jealous of the fact that you got a date with your husband. It would almost be worth a wrecked car to me. Hope that you have a good evening.

Lauren said...

Yikes! Sorry about that. At least you guys didn't get hurt really bad. Glad that you were able to have a good dinner together.