Saturday, February 23, 2008

Justee's 1st B-Day







Today Justee turned one year old! I can't believe she is already one; where does time go? The sad thing about today is that Justee was sick. She threw-up six times. She never quite got into her presents or anything and she slept most of the day. I made her a chocolate-dipped strawberry cake. It didn't turn out the way I wanted. I should have left off the chocolate and just made it a strawberry. I wish my cakes turned out as well as my sister's cakes. Oh well, there is always next year. Justee got some good gifts. We got her a bouncy zebra thing, Syd got her a V-Tech helicopter thing, Charlee got her an Elmo (which she thinks is hers), my parents got her a cute ladybug book, her aunt Michelle and uncle Jayson and fam sent her a card with $10, and her Great Grandma Putnam (my mom's mom) sent her a "Love Dollar" in a card. She does this for all her young grandkids, which is amazing because she has over 100 grandkids! She is so thoughtful and a such wonderful woman and Grandma. Overall it was a good day, I just hope she feels better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kara said...

How sad that she was sick on her Birthday. And I dont know what you are talking about with you cake. It looks absolutely amazing. Katelyn's birthday is 2 months away and I'm already dreading the cake making part of it. I started doing "cool" (to them anyway) cakes and now the kids wont let me stop.
Hope Justee gets better quick!

KrIStiN said...

Is your little Justee's birthday on February 23? That is my oldest girls birthday too, she turned 3 this year! How exciting