Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Cookie Tradition

For as long as I can remember, we have made big heart shaped cookies for Valentine's Day. My mom would put everyone's name on a cookie and we got to decorate them with different kinds of candy. I loved this tradition so much that I have always made sure that I do it with my kids as well. One thing I have grown to appreciate about my mom is how much work she put into making holidays and birthdays fun for us. It is a lot of work to make the cookies and clean up the messes. I find myself not wanting to deal with all of it sometimes, and I catch myself thinking that the kids would never notice if I left some activities undone...Then I remember how many good memories I have of this type of stuff; I want my kids to have those memories as well. So, like all moms, I sacrifice; which turns out not to be a sacrifice after all because I love seeing how happy it makes my girls and I have fun doing it too.














This is Charlee's "cheese smile". I keep trying to get her to say something else or nothing and just smile, but she likes to say cheese and so all her pictures look like this.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yes, your Mom is a Super-Mom, a perfect Bishop's wife. I think it's absolutely wonderful that you're taking the Mommy-role so seriously. Your little girls are adorable and so loved. One day you'll be just like me and poof - your babies will be all gone but they will remember absolutely everything little thing you did to make their lives so wonderful. You're doing a great job, girl !!!
kw

Lauren said...

Did you know that was my Mom that commented? just wondering. You are fabulous. Those cookies look SO YUMMY. Can you make some for me? Cute girls as always.