Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Is it True???

Could Justin really be coming home in 2 weeks?
YES! He will be heading back to the States on Sun. and demobilizing at Ft. Lewis in Washington, then he will be home in 2 weeks!
I am still in a little bit of shock I think, but I have some advice for everybody.... Don't ever ask someone who has been without their husband for a year, "Has it already been a whole year? Wow, that was fast."
Yes it has been a whole year! And although it may have gone quick for you, I have missed Justin every day of the last year, and it has been anything but fast.
Now, I say that all in fun, but I think I really did get sick of hearing comments like that this past weekend while I was up visiting family for Steven's (my bro-in-law) farewell.
Here is what our flag looks like today!!!



Today something happened that hasn't happened for a while....Remember this guy? He engaged me with a very similar conversation. :) I laughed the whole time....He probably loved it cause he thought he was so funny, when really I was more laughing at him than with him. ;)
At least this crazy old man-encounter was pleasant...much different than the encounter I had on Sat. night. I debated putting this story on my blog, but then I decided that I want to have a record of it. So here is goes...I'll try to keep it short.

I was driving from Lovell to Powell for my brother's bday. On the way I passed a car...no big deal, right? Then he immediately passed me. I was wondering what the crap he was doing because I was following him for a while. When he got to the side of me two men were yelling and waving their arms in anger and telling me to pull over...Umm yeah right. Like I am going to pull over for you. I realized they were mad at the pass I made that was a little tight with a car coming the other way, but it was definitely not a dangerous pass. When I refused to pull over, the car swerved at me sideways and inched closer and closer to me. When that wasn't working, he finished passing me and slammed on his breaks. I moved into the other lane, and so did he. He wasn't letting me by him. Our speed had slowed to almost a stop with the back and forth, and then I took the opportunity to floor it and go around him when it looked as if he was getting ready to get out of his car. At this point I figured it was over...nope. He came right up behind me and was riding my butt. I decided it was time to call someone. I dialed 911 and all that...He had kept up his attempts to get me off the road for almost 5 mins, and as I came into Byron the men pulled up beside me once again and were yelling, telling me to pull over and roll down my window. I refused and he cut me off and stopped on the main street at an angle...I had to stop to keep from hitting him. I was still on the phone with the 911 operator, she could hear him as he came up and hit my window and started yelling at me about how I almost killed him...What a nut! My girls were bawling in the back seat and that is when the police arrived. They talked to both of us and told me I did the right thing by calling....Then they told me that he was an ornery old man, and they told him to leave me alone. That was it. They sent him on his way and told me I could go when I felt ready. I was just relieved to have over at the time, but afterwards I got really upset that he didn't get into any trouble for the massive road rage tantrum he just threw.
I could go into it so much more, but I don't need to. I guess it is over now and I am just glad my girls and I are safe.

11 comments:

Kalli said...

Ahh Wyoming drivers...

Glad you survived, both the crazy old man AND the deployment. Almost done!!

Tracy said...

So happy for you that Justin is coming home!!

I just heard about your road rage story today and I heard who the guy was. Just don't get me started on that guy!!! I would have pressed charges!! I can't believe your Dad didn't go ballistic on him!!!

Glad you're all safe and hope your girls don't have nightmares forever!!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is NOT ok, your poor little girls. I can't believe how well you handled it, I would have been so freaked out!

Niccole said...

TWO WEEKS!!! I think I am in a state of shock as well. The thought of it is just too good to be true. I absolutely cannot wait to resume our lives with this deployment behind us. Hang in there 14 more days! (Good job taking care of the looney idiot on the road - how scary!)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Wow....that is so scary! I would have pressed charges, like Tracy said. Something similar happend to one of my aunts between Lovell and Burlington about thirty years ago....to this day she hates to pass other cars or get close to another car on the Hwy. I'm so glad you and the girls are save.
I'm so excited you will have your man back home soon....enjoy, and have fun at Disney World;)

Stacey said...

YAY!!! The year has dragged on...I have no doubt. you have been strong and very positive in your blogging, I have no comprehension of what it was actually like. You are an inspiration, as I have told you before.

I am glad you and the girls are safe and no harm was done physically...crazy people!

Stacey said...

That YAY!!! Was for the year being almost over...NOT for the year dragging on...I reread that and thought that sounds awful...I hope you did not take it that way...sorry. That was the swine...I am really scatter brained.

Bob & Dani said...

So we're both on the big countdown to the 14th! I'm glad that Justin will be home. I don't think that I could be without Bob for an entire year. Good job and happy 14th!

Michelle Thompson said...

He is a dandy! Only in Lovell!

Brook said...

WoW Teri that is a scary story:) I am glad you are ok too! That is aweosme Justin is coming home soon! That's awesome!!

ozzmom said...

Oh my gosh your mom told me to read this I would have been very pissed and wanted something done to them I mean you and your kids could have been injured I would not have let it go. Glad you guys are okay.