Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Flashback...Terrible Twos

Justee has been driving me absolutely crazy lately. Not that this is anything new, or that she is different from any other two year old out there...but man...I don't remember Sydnee or Charlee being this hard to take. The reason for her driving me crazy is her new independence phase. I call it the "me do it" phase. She has to do everything herself, which really gets me aggravated when we are in a hurry and she has to put her shoes on, open every door, climb into the car and buckle herself in her car seat. Even if I don't help, but she thinks I did, we have to start all over.

The other day we were at the gym and I was dropping her and Chuck off at the kids club...She insisted on opening the big heavy door. I tried to help her after watching her struggle with it...nope she wouldn't allow that. I was running a little late so I left her to the door and started signing them in. Then I heard her start screaming. She had pinched her fingers in the door. I couldn't help but give her a little of the "That's what you get" speech while I was taking her shoes off. That was a mistake...SHE wanted to take her shoes off..."No, me do it!" So I started putting her shoes back on...nope, she had to do that part too. So, I sat there as she put her shoes back on, just to take them off again. ahhhh
Here are pics of each of the girls on their 2nd b-days:

What I remember of Charlee as a two year old seems to be much different than Justee. She threw a fit here and there of course, but they were rare and easily diffused. She seemed to be much more mild-mannered than the other two.

Sydnee, on the other hand, knew how to throw a fit. She definitely had some major tantrums...but they were fewer and farther between than Justee's. The only thing that was worse about hers, was that she was very stubborn and her fits would last forever.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Great cakes for all the 2 year olds!! Terrible twos...I think the 3's were worse with my girls. You will look back soon and wonder where the years went! You are a great mommy!

Emily Asay said...

Teri I know EXACTLY waht you mean. Stetson's terrible two's were actually when he was 1 1/2 and my patience has never been so tried as it was that summer.

Vicki said...

I think Trey could give Justee a run for the money...

KrIStiN said...

ok.....so kennadee and justee need to hang out. if i didnt know better i would have sworn u were talkin bout my kennadee!