Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Seriously?!?

Okay, I was watching Moment of Truth tonight (total waste of time, I wouldn't watch it if I couldn't fast forward through all the bull) and I swear every other person on that show is "Mormon." I used the quotes because none of them seem to be "practicing" their religion. They mostly get asked questions like "have you ever lied about believing your church is true" or have you ever been ashamed that you grew up Mormon," stupid stuff, but I find it annoying because they don't ask every other person who comes on the show about their religion. I know it shouldn't bother me because I know how I feel about the church and I have a testimony that won't be wavered because of other people's actions or opinions, but it seems like there are very few good examples of LDS people in the public eye and way too many sketchy ones. I guess that is why it is so important to be a good example in your community and in local places... start small and build on that.

0 comments: