Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reupholstering

My parents have had a set of furniture for the last 30 some years. It was the first real furniture they owned. It is heavy, sturdy old furniture with a lot of character. All of us kids can't remember not having this furniture around. So it is kind of sentimental to us. Last summer Vicki and I decided to fix it up for our summer project (the previous summer we made a tree house.) We thought the style of the furniture (with the right fabric) would look great in their new log house. We started by sanding all the wooden arm/leg pieces, 2 end tables and a coffee table. The sanding was tedious and took a lot of time. Quickly, time ran out and we didn't get the fabric in time...which gave us this year's summer project...reupholstering the furniture. With help from Brenda Robertson, we got all the cushions finished yesterday. Today, we covered the chair's frame and put it back together. We got some help from Doug and Eva Savage with a broken spring and some stapling. We are very appreciative of the time and efforts of Brenda and the Savages. They were all so generous with their time and talents. Thanks guys! ...So the chair is done and it looks great; when I get back to my own computer I will put up pictures or our whole endeavor. Tomorrow we will tackle the couch frame!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Sounds like fun! How nice of you to do that for your parents!
I can't wait to see the pictures. Seriously, I'm feeling a little anxious! Good Luck!

Ranee` said...

Weird...the other night after I had finished reading a bunch of blogs I had a dream that I went to church with my mom and saw a bunch of people, including you and your girls. Come to find out you are in Lovell! That's just kind of crazy...