Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cash



On our way home from Keystone, Justin thought it would be a good idea to get a new kitten. I felt like that meant I was giving up on Blaise. (Blaise has been missing for a couple months now; she went out one night and never made it back home. I keep looking out the door at night, hoping she will be on the porch waiting to come in. Blaise was a great cat and we will miss her.)
We stopped at a pet store first. We planned on going to the shelter too, but the pet store was the closest. I should have known that we wouldn't make it past the first place we went too. Sydnee really wanted this cute little kitten. I thought he was cute, but his personality was what I liked. He was very playful and cuddly too. It is kind of hard to imagine that I won't have a Siamese cat. It seems like I've always had a Siamese cat. On the way home we started thinking of names and finally agreed on Cash. This name worked because he is the first cat I have ever paid for. (It seems like there is always someone trying to give kittens away.) Plus, it is fun to call "kitty-kitty Cash."
On the way home Justee decided that if Cash was not sitting with her, she was going to scream. Luckily after Cash settled down, he was happy to cuddle with Justee. I took a ton of pictures of the two of them. (I have had a ton of pics in my posts lately, but I love pics.)
Justee was very interested in the different parts of the cat's body. Here she is studying his ear: Now she is looking at his paw:His tail is very neat too: I like this picture because Justee is cross-eyed because she is staring so intensely at Cash:

I don't have any pics of Charlee because she is a little scared of the kitten. At the pet store she got scratched by a different kitten and she was very turned off by that. When Cash is playing with a string or something and runs towards Char, she freaks out. She has started to warm-up to Cash though and has even asked to hold him a couple of times, but she prefers to watch from a distance.
Sydnee loves to baby Cash. She cradles him in her arms and rocks him. He is a very patient kitty and likes to be held.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

So sweet! It makes me miss my kitty Leeroi even more. He sort of looked like that, too. I love cats. We'd like another one, but probably not for awhile. Glad that you got a cute new one!

Vicki said...

I love the name, and the fact that he allows Justee to maul him... we definitely need to find a cat of the same temperament to put up with Tamsyn.

(ps... check out the new bloglist I changed to... it puts the list in order of who has updated recently, so I don't have to go check...I love it!

Jill Asay said...

What a good kitty you guys found. I love, love, love the cross-eyed pic! Too cute!!

Carola said...

What a perfect cat for the girls...so willing to be mauled. The pics of Justee examining Cash are great.

nina said...

I can't believe that the kitty just sat on Justee's lap like that. So cute.

Jamie said...

aww how cute! I love the pics of your baby inspecting him.