Wednesday, June 11, 2008

OWW!

During our stay in Lovell, Justee had a little accident. We were visiting the Burtons one night when Justee went running through the house and crossed paths with Azurdey. Justee got tripped up and fell head first into the corner of a wall. I watched as she fell and hit her forehead right on the sharp corner. I scooped her up and was shocked at what I saw. She immediately had a huge goose egg right in the middle of her forehead. There was a small cut and I was afraid that the swelling was going to cause the skin to split open along the cut (luckily it didn't.) She cried for a little while and then was back to her happy self and never fussed about it again. I tried to put some ice on it, but she did not like that at all. I sent Justin a pic on my cell phone and his reply was, "What the heck happened to my baby?" By the next day the swelling had gone way down. Here are a few pics of that horrible goose egg, and some pics taken 2 days later. I don't think that the pics do the bump justice, it was the biggest goose egg I have ever seen. Today she still has a bruise and you can feel a little lump in there, but it's almost gone. Poor baby girl. :(



3 comments:

Lauren said...

That looks terrible! Poor Justee! At least the skin didn't break open. Are you going to be in Lovell for Mustang Days? We'll be there, so maybe we'll see you then...

KrIStiN said...

Holy CRAP...ha ha..i have to agree...that's the bigget egg I have ever seen..poor little girl..I think kids are made extra tough, cuz if that woulda happened to one of us, i think it woulda killed us! ha ha..goodness...hope its gettin better!!

nina said...

Wow, that looks like that really hurt. I think that's the biggest goose egg I have ever seen too!