Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Results!

First I have to say it is nice to come home to a clean house (thank you Justin for having it clean for me.) This is the tree house Vicki and I built 2 summers ago. The kids love to play in it.Now I will get to our furniture project...
Old fabric versus new. It's a close call, but I think I like the new stuff better.
This is what we had to strip the chair and couch down to:

We had to fix a few springs and reglue some wood parts on the couch, then we had to add all new batting.
Making progress:Here are Doug and Eva Savage putting some really long staples in the front. We didn't have the right kind of staple gun, so Doug was kind enough to do it for us.Here is the beautiful chair fully completed.
The couch is done and Trey and Justee love it! The hardest part about getting all of this done was dealing with our 6 kids. It would have been easier if their dads could have been there to watch them, but that is what makes Vicki and my work so great...we do it all. ;) Phew, we are exhausted... Tada! (or however you spell that.)We are happy to be done...I thought I had some pictures of what the couch and chair used to look like, but I couldn't find them. Vicki has a very similar post on her blog with an old pic of the couch; it's worth a look.

3 comments:

Jill Asay said...

awesome...you guys did an amazing job!

Kristin said...

No one can really appriciate how much work that is unless they have tried it themselves. Great job!!

Ranee` said...

Very cool!