Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girl's Camp 08

This week is girl's camp, and I got the privilege of getting to go up for 2 days (Mon. & Tues.) I wish I could have stayed for the whole week, but it just wouldn't work with the girls and Justin having meetings. The time I spent up there was a lot of fun. Today we went to a ropes course at Pengrie Park (I'm not sure I spelled it right) and it was awesome. We got to climb a 30 foot rock wall and then jump off of it onto a cable swing. There was also a 25 foot pole that you would climb and when you got to the top, you had to balance on top and then jump and grab a trapeze bar. The other big thing we did was called the catwalk; you climbed a pole and then there was a horizontal pole (about 20ft high) that you had to balance across. Once you got across that, you had to climb 10 feet higher and walk across another pole, then go back out to the middle and fall off backward (they lowered you down by your harness.) I think most the girls did all three things and everyone tried at least one thing. I got to do all three and it was so much fun. I left my camera at camp, so I'm pretty bummed about that.



The place we are camping at is so beautiful. We are staying in the Chase's cabin and I don't know if you can call it camping when you have running water, beds and a DVD player. ;) The view is amazing and the Chases have collected lots of cool things from plane crashes and stuff. Josh Reynolds made the girls these really cool frames for them to put a camp photo in. I took pictures of all of the girls and had a ton of fun doing that. There were so many great places to take pics that I just kept thinking that my sisters would LOVE to come take pics there. I'm sure they could have utilized the scenery a lot better than I did...I had to come down off the mountain, so I literally had 1 to 2 mins with each girl and it was raining off and on (with lightening) so some things had to be done quicker than I wanted. All-in-all the girls were great sports; they had been camping for two days, have no makeup and still look beautiful.


These are some silly pictures...There were "stuffed" animals all over the cabin. The possum was probably the favorite. ;)



The first day at camp the leaders and YCLs painted toenails...
Nothin' like an outdoor bath..

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Sounds like so much fun. I wish there were some pictures of you grabbing the trapeze, sounds a bit scary to me (but you know I am a chicken). I like the natural (no make-up) shots too.
ps...If you call Jake a nerd you are required to post a response to my question as well! so go back and write about what you want(ed)to be when you grow up!... despite what I do, I just can't seem to get people to make comments UGH!

Jamie said...

Makes me miss being a YW, I loved camp!! Those pics are beautiful, you should earn money taking photos! Amber's picture is my favorite!