Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend

We have had company since Friday. My sister Vicki and her husband Jake and their three kids came down to stay with us for a week. Mark came with them too because he just can't get enough of us ;) We planned to go to Water World on Monday, but the weather hasn't cooperated. It has been wet and rainy pretty much the whole time they have been here. Today is a little warmer and the sun is peaking out, so Justin Mark and Jake went to the park. Hopefully it stays nice enough to be worth it.
On Sat. Vicki and I took the kids to the park and met up with Vicki's college roommate and basketball teammate who lives in Greeley. I know Rachel because I worked with her at my summer job at the ranch. On Mon. we had a BBQ and Vicki's high school friend, Crystal, came over. She was one of my favorites of Vicki's friends in high school. We had a lot of fun playing Rock Band with her and her husband. Vicki has some funny pictures of our "band" on her blog. We were going to roast marshmallows in the fire pit and make smores, but it was raining so we made smores in the oven. Here are some pictures of Charlee and Justee eating their smores.
Last night we went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. It was great food and a nice night away from kids, except Mark came with us. ;) Jake showed me how to use chop sticks and we all ate our meals with them. Mark will have to use them on his mission in Japan, so it was good practice for him. Every night Vicki, Jake, Justin, and I play Spades or Hearts. So far Vicki and I beat Justin and Jake at Spades twice and they beat us (barely) once. Last night Mark watched movies with the kids while we played. (I think he cried during Bambi.)


Just Sydnee and Natasha enjoying a Gogurt before going to bed.

0 comments: