Saturday, May 3, 2008

Company, Baseball, and a Weeping Pussy Willow

Mark stopped by to visit us on Thursday. He is staying until Mon. Then he has to get to Lovell because my mom and dad say he has a lot to do to get ready for his mission (I think they just want him all to themselves.) Here he is wrestling with the girls...

We went to the Rockies v. Dodgers game Fri. night... Man it was cold! We left the girls with a babysitter and I am really glad that we did. We were surrounded by drunk people (I better say drunk girls in their early 20's.) There were 3 girls behind us who were having an R to X-rated conversation. The Nicholls brought their kids and Cherelle and I were in pure disbelief at the things that were coming out of these girls' mouths. Cherelle turned around after way too many ignored F-bombs (among other things) and politely pointed out her kids. They were better for a little while until they were joined by a couple guys, then the dirty mouths got dirtier. I finally had enough and turned and said politely, "Could you guys please watch your mouths? There are little kids sitting right in front of you." A very upset girl snapped back, "It's called freedom of speech!" I proceeded to politely explain that free speech has nothing to do with talking that way at a baseball game. Cherelle added that even if they could speak that way it is called "common courtesy" to stop. The girl then decided to complain that it was 9 pm and who brings their little kids and babies to a game that late anyway... She was not a nice girl, or very smart...one of the guys told her that a lot of people do and her mom probably brought her kids...Anyway, I am amazed at how she made such a big deal about it and Cherelle and I both decided that they were lucky that neither of us are as mean as we once were;) Change of subject: Justin yelled at Andruw Jones throughout the game (he plays center field and we were sitting in left-center.) Finally, between the top and the bottom of the 9th Justin convinced him to throw him the ball he was warming up with. Justin had to lean clear out over the fence and nearly fell over. His feet came up off the ground and everything, but he caught the ball. Justin was very excited and I'm sure I'll hear 20 different versions of the story over the next 6 months. ;) Here is a lovely pic from the game:

Today I got to buy my plants! I have been wanting to get some potted plants for our patio for a few weeks now. Hopefully the weather will stay above freezing and these poor plants will survive. I don't have very good luck with keeping plants alive. Mark got sick last night and has spent most of the day sleeping on our couch...poor kid, no plant shopping for him. Justee had fun digging in the dirt and eating it. Yuck. My favorite purchase was a weeping pussy willow tree. It is so pretty and I am very excited about it. We plan on getting some more furniture, a couch and chairs, and a fire pit to put out there too. We got our sprinkler system up and running, so hopefully our grass will start to green-up so we don't have the yellowist grass on the street. (Yes, yellowist is a word.)

3 comments:

Ranee` said...

good for you for speaking up. i would be too shy and afraid they would beat me up! :) and don't worry about spelling my name wrong it doesn't bother me at all because it is a hard name to spell and everyone has spelled it wrong all my life!

Vicki said...

I hope Mark is feeling better... since he only gets to stay there a short time... It would stink if he was sick most of it.
Also... I would say ... Yellowest..
;)
Can't wait until we get to come visit and see your plants.

nina said...

I cannot believe some people. Why does it feel like I've been in that same situation way to many times? I react the same way you do. I bet Cherelle was ticked. I love her, she's so cool.