Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Look

One of the great reasons I love having Renae living so close, is that she is a great shopping buddy. It is nice to have her around when I am decorating a room in my house. She was here to help with Justee's room, and this last week...she helped with the master bedroom.

We made lots of trips back and forth to stores, comparing deals (Kohl's won by the way) and deciding what I liked best. Since Justin wasn't around to give his opinions, it was nice to have the second best thing: Renae's opinion. ;)
I wanted to paint an accent wall or two, but I'm not sure I like the color enough to paint another wall...it ended up being more blue and less gray than I anticipated.
Before paint:

After paint:

I know it it hard to tell color for sure from pictures, but here it is....too blue? It really was an easy paint job, and I could repaint it in no more than an hour...so if I decide I don't like it, no big deal.
If this color stays, the big question is: Do I paint the wall behind the head board too, or do I just keep the one?
The bathroom got a makeover as well. The small room with the toilet sports the blue paint also, but I opted not to take a pic of a toilet with a blue wall behind it.

Justin gets to come home to a new bedroom. Yay for him! I know he is so excited about it all. :)

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the bedding. It is hard to tell about the wall... I love the color of blue on the shower curtain... is it close to that color?

Michelle Thompson said...

I love it, but I agree, I don't care for the color of blue on the wall. Your right it needs to be more blue gray like the bedding and then I would paint the wall behind the bed when you find the right color! Good job! I love decorating

Bagleys said...

Love love love love it all!!! It looks great! That color combo is my FAVORITE...well, that and the green/brown combo, which is what I did to my house. Lol. Anyway, love it! Great job! The blue on the wall is hard to tell in the pictures, but I don't think it looks bad.

Chelsea Tippetts said...

It looks beautiful!! You did such a great job!

Tracy said...

Hey Teri, I LOVE your new decor, the colors, design, etc. I don't know if you're really wanting opinions or not, but I agree with Michelle. Your wall color needs to be richer to not take away from your gorgeous bedding and decor. I would also paint the wall behind your bed. It will make it look more unified with the other painted wall and like it's supposed to be that way...done on purpose. It will definitely make more of a statement. You might think about looking for a colored glaze to rub over your painted blue wall. You could go either way in color...silver gray or browns. Just my free opinion!! ;-)

Greg Becky said...

It is always fun updating. Your room looks nice. It is fun having a friend close that can help with kids once in a while and the kids love them!