Friday, January 15, 2010

"I'm not the milk, and the milk's not ME!"

Date nights are fun...They are even more fun when you get a chance to see a great friend too...and...even better when that great friend turns into a free babysitter. ;)


Renae watched the girls at her place while Justin and I went out to dinner at Del Frisco's. It was nice to get to go out before Justin left for Indianapolis.


I think Renae did a great job with the girls, and I think she learned a few things too.
Like: ~How to do a great finger sweep when a child is choking on popcorn
~When a 2 year old says she needs to go potty, even if she has gone 5 times in the last half hour, it is always best to take her word for it.
~Scholastic movies will sometimes show naked body parts in their cartoons.
About the last one...I bought a movie on Columbia House without paying very close attention. I thought it was the new Where the Wild Things Are. Turns out it wasn't, but no big deal. A variety of Children's stories should be a good thing. The crazy thing was that one of the stories (called- In the Night Kitchen) had a little boy float out of bed and float out of his clothes. I never would have thought that the artist would take the time to draw the details of the boy's parts....Crazy I tell you. Things like that should come with a warning...but I think Renae enjoyed it...while wondering what kind of movies I subject my children to. :)
My girls have been reciting their favorite line from that story ever since.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

8~

???
That is all I have to say about that.

well maybe one more thing... Way to go Renee... I hope you don't scare her out of having children.

Stacey said...

That is great that you had date night AND got to see Ranae, too!! Great photos of you and Justin!! Did he have to go to training again? Cute pict of Renae and Keith as well!