Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just for Justin

Justin is working today. He has meetings in Denver for a few days and then he has to go to Indy. It is strange thinking about how we went from never having him around to always having him around, and now we will be without him for a while again (short while comparatively.) The upside is that after the next couple of weeks are over, we will be back to a "normal" living arrangement. That will be nice.


Anywho, last night I came across these pictures and realized that I never posted about our Texas trip. We left for the Red River Rivalry 2 days after Justin got home from Afghanistan. Being that tomorrow is the National Championship...and Texas is playing, I thought today would be a good day to reflect on our time spent at the Texas State Fair (aka FAT capital of the World.) The fried food was abundant and there wasn't a shortage of people standing in line to eat it either. They had almost any food you could think of dipped in a hot pan of oil...Although one thing I didn't see, and thought would be disgustingly great, was fried rainbow chip frosting! How could you go wrong with the best frosting known to man?

Stadiums are the best thing to take a picture of a man standing in front of....at least this sports fanatic....just look how happy he is.
This was the location of College Gameday.
After a little sight-seeing, we made it into the stadium.

BEVO!

Yay! Justin was happy because Texas won...we all know dealing with a man whose team just lost is not fun. That is the only reason I cheer for Texas, because if they lose...well, we all lose. So, HOOK EM' HORNS! Now...onto that sick food! We had to give a couple things a try. Here is a fried Snickers and fried Oreos. I liked the Snickers best, but Justin liked the Oreos. He said the Snickers grossed him out because it was like a turd. I liked the warm melted chocolate that oozed out when you bit into it. haha
It was a quick but fun trip...we hopped on a plane right after we stuffed ourselves with the local cuisine.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I have lived here among UT fans for 3 years and do not have a TEXAS shirt...you are a good sport!! We have not tried all the fried food, but they had fried Coke this year! Are you coming to the UT v WYO game next year in Austin??? Great photos of you both!

Carola said...

'Nice'

Jem said...

Hook em horns!! Im very jealous. How fun!!

Kathy said...

Your hubby is still a hotty !!! And you're so beautiful. I dreamed that you had a baby boy and I was your nurse !!! Yikes, is it any wonder that I have insomnia ??? Why in the world would I be dreaming about you? Oh well, I'm just so glad that you're hubby is home (well, sort of, right?)

Greg Becky said...

It ended up being a good game for sure. Greg was going for the other team. I just watched. Fried food just the sound of it makes me feel icky. Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. Do you still use your web cam?