Friday, July 17, 2009

Sydnee's B-day

Sydnee turned 7 on the 4th....Man she is getting big. She asked for a ladybug cake, and this is what I came up with after combining a few designs...


We decided to get Sydnee a hamster for her birthday...she has been asking for one for a while.
Meet Princess Cutie Pie:
(the cat's plan is in the works)
Sadly, this idea ended in tragedy. To make a long story short...we woke up on the 5th to two hysterical girls, a broken cage on the floor, and a proud-of-himself cat. It was very sad.
Maybe it was for the best, considering the hamster made Sydnee's eyes swell up:

The poor girl loved that hamster and really wants another one...for now, I have decided to be hamster-free.
We got the girls some of those fun party-popper things that shoot confetti all over...They had a blast:



Since Sydnee was having a party on the 7th, I waited to make her real cake. We just decorated ladybug cupcakes on the 4th.
Here is a man who is very proud of his ladybug. ;)


Sydnee was very happy with the gifts her sister's picked out for her. Justee got her a giant coloring book, and Char got her this art set.

We reserved a pool for Syd's bday party and it was a lot of fun despite the 90 degree weather that was replaced by 70 degree weather and clouds just as the party started. The kids didn't seem to mind at all.




Sydnee got tons of great presents and told me she had "the best birthday ever!"

6 comments:

KrIStiN said...

looks like she had the best birthday ever...love the confetti, would hate to clean up the mess:0)

Vicki said...

So fun! well except for the hamster part. Sydnee looks so grown up in those first couple of pics. I am glad you are back blogging, but sad that it is bc of the reason why.

Brook said...

I love that cake you made! Way to go! That is sad about the hamster:( Sneaky cat! Looks like you had lots of fun though:)

Lindsay said...

Poor little girl, I am glad she had such a fun time at her party despite the loss of her hamster:( You guys always look like you are having so much fun:) The cake is amazing (as always).

Michelle Thompson said...

I love that cake you made. You always do such a great job on the cakes! That poor little hamster and poor syd. I had a few hamsters when I was young and I loved them. Looks like the party was a lot of fun. I have been wanting to go swimming my self.

ozzmom said...

I just love your cakes you are so creative. Looks like you guys had so much fun So sad about the hamster I can't beleive the cat got it.