Monday, October 5, 2009

Just Passing Time

Justin is out of Afghanistan and beginning he long journey home. I believe he is at Manas Air Base, Kyrgyzstan...by now he might already be gone from there...I haven't talked to him in a while...
There has been more changes made as to when Justin will actually be getting home (big surprise.) He was supposed to be home the 14th and then there were setbacks which would put him home the 15th. Right now I am not sure on the date and time, and I probably won't be until the day he gets home...the sense of irritation is slightly overshadowed by the fact that he will be home sometime next week!
I'm sure all this constant talk about Justin coming home gets a bit redundant, but it is definitely what encompasses my thoughts these days.

We are trying to stay busy while we wait. Sydnee has two friends from school over right now for what they have been calling their "play date." Sydnee was very excited about it. The three of them write letters to each other during there free write time at school. I wanted to share what one said that she got from her friend Hazel...
"Dear Sydnee
You are so funny because of the way you laff and the way you smiyll. I love the way your eyes sparkl."
They are always writing such nice things to each other and I think it is so sweet.
I got all my Halloween decorations up in my house this weekend, so while I waited for Syd and her friends to get off the bus I turned everything on including the fog machine....It was so fun to see their faces when they walked in the door and looked at all the fun stuff. Ahhh....I love Halloween. :)

-Justee has been such a funny girl lately. Last night she put a hair tie around her ankles and hopped around. "Hop...hop...hop...I'm a kangawoo mom...a baby kangawoo."

2 comments:

Michelle Thompson said...

We love Halloween too and can't wait to get moved this week, so we can get our decorations out and get ready.

Stacey said...

You like Halloween??? Really? HAHA!!!
I am so happy for you and your family!