Thursday, October 29, 2009

Belated

We have been so busy since Justin got home...Dallas then Disney World and now Halloween fun. I have had several senior shoots to get edited and tons of our vacation photos to go through. I am finally getting up the pics from the night that Justin returned home from Afghanistan.

There were lots of smiles, hugs, and kisses...
Waiting...
Their plane landed and then they rode in a bus over to where everyone was anxiously waiting.
Our first views of Justin after he got off the bus and headed our way:
Justee ran through the crowd and made it to Justin first. They were all very happy little girls.
Sydnee was so excited she kept telling Justin how much she missed him and was her usual chatty self. She is such a big Daddy's girl and so happy to have him home again. Char on the other hand barely said a word. She just kept staring at Justin as if she were amazed to see her Daddy in front of her. As soon as Justin put her down she would pull on his shirt and want him to pick her up again. She did not want to ever let him go.








After everyone got in several hugs, we headed inside for the short ceremony. Here is Governor Dave Freudenthal saying a few words of appreciation.
We were all getting ready to head out when Justin was stopped by this journalist and asked to give an interview...I immediately stood up and walked away, remembering that we both had to give one when Justin was leaving...I did not want to do that again. Luckily Sydnee was the one they wanted. :)
Here she is giving her interview. She was so cute because she got really nervous and couldn't get more than a couple words out.
It was a great night and I am so glad that our friends the Reynolds came to support us. It was nice to have someone there to take pics so I didn't have to worry about it, and it was nice for them to just show that they cared. Thanks guys!!!

It has been great having Justin home and even though there are small adjustments to be made, it quickly felt like normal to have him here with us.
Life sure is good these days. :)

10 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Such a beautiful family. I'm so glad Justin is home safe. I'm excited to see pictures of Disney World (one of my favorite places).

Jill Asay said...

We're so excited that your little family is all back together again! Yay for you guys! By the way...you look gorgeous, Teri!!

Michelle Thompson said...

I am so glad he is home safe and that you are all together again. I love the pictures and by the way, Teri, you look great!

Kalli said...

that is so freaking fantastic, but what I mostly want to talk about is your outfit. Because I love it. And you look incredible. I bet the "welcome home" was extra great with you lookin' like that.

I'm such a perv.

Vicki said...

Kalli's comment made me laugh -- I am sure she is not the only one who thought it though... it is definitely the boots ;)

KrIStiN said...

so glad u guys are back together. cant wait to see pics of your trips!

nina said...

I'm so happy for you guys! And I diddo the other comments... I bet Justin was like "DANG!" when he saw how good you looked. Were happy he made it home safe.

Stacey said...

What great picts!! You look stunning, Teri! Love the boots!! :)

The girls are precious with their daddy.

I am so happy for your family. Enjoy!!

ozzmom said...

I just love all the pics it makes me choke up so glad he is home safe and sound!!!

Brenda said...

This just makes me happy!