Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Do-it-Yourself Kinda Girl

Justee really wanted to be the creator of a new hairstyle...the half bang:

She cut it clear to her scalp on one side...and just in time for Daddy to get home...dang her. So where was her mother while she was carelessly creating her fabulous new do?
...Listening to her 2nd grader read for 20 mins. Isn't that torture enough for a mom???
(all joking aside, Sydnee is actually doing a great job...listening to a 2nd grader read is MUCH better than listening to a 1st grader read. ;)
Well, not one of my girls made it through toddlerhood without cutting their own hair. I am 3 for 3 in that category. nice
*note: The scratch on her head is not from the scissors...that has been there for over a week and I am not exactly sure where she got it. Score another one for mom.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh dear. Well she is still adorable, but dang it. I've been lucky so far. Neither Grace or Taggart has had issues yet. Crossing my fingers.

Tracy said...

Just be thankful she cut her own hair and not someone else's!! That was Lindi's trick. She was playing beauty shop with her cousin and cut her long hair all the way off, with those little toy scissors no less!! I thought I was going to kill Lindi for that one!! ;-) However, it makes a GREAT story today!!

You're still a wonderful Mom!! Your girls are cute no matter what!! Good Luck growing the bangs out!!

nina said...

I think it looks just like a side swoop now, that's very in style you know, she was probably just trying to catch up on the times.

Stacey said...

Good luck with the growing out pat....hahahaha! YOur little one has your spunk, I love it! She is still as precious as ever!

Greg Becky said...

You can almost start counting down the hours before Ju comes home or maybe you'll be totally surprised since they can't lock down a day for ya. Hope you have a fun girls weekend!

Michelle Thompson said...

Wow, those are cute memories down the road. Teisha was the only one of my kids that cut her own hair and we still laugh about it. I guess boys aren't as into that and Tianna saw how much trouble Teisha got into and decided not. It is funny, but not for mom.

Carola said...

I have visions of a little Teri with hardly any bangs! Justee is still cute!