Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Things are getting done

Halloween is soooo close! I am excited, but I have lots of things I want to get done this week. Costumes are almost 100% complete...like 98%. Here is a little peak at Charlee's Cousin Itt costume. This is the first stage of her costume (minus the pink sleeves.) After this I attached a bunch of craft sting and began unraveling it all for less of a dreadlocks look and more of an hair look.

This is her headpiece: She needed to be able to see, so I attached the "hair" to the top and the bottom of the glasses. This made for an extremely itching problem...after some thought I solved this by adding some extra fleece to soften it up. She was so happy to feel the difference. It is pretty comfy now.

Can't wait to get the whole family done up tomorrow for the Trunk-or-Treat!
One of our before Halloween musts is to make some caramel apples.






I wanted to share something I made at our last Relief Society activity. We did a bunch of Christmas crafts and I signed up to make this advent calendar. It is really hard to see in these pics, but I think they are super cute.
It is just a mini muffin pan with decorated magnets over the holes. We used lots of scrapbook paper, stickers, and cutouts.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I can't wait to see the whole Cousin It costume... and the uncle fester one. That head piece is perfect.

Stacey said...

You are so creative!

Carola said...

I am looking forward to seeing the whole family in costume! I am dressing up tomorrow night for our trunk-or treat, but there will be no pictures.

Tracy said...

I'm loving it already!! What a FUN Mom you are!! Can't wait to see you all together!!

I'll work on getting a picture of your Mom!! ;-)

Kathy said...

You are just the cutest little Mom. I love all the things you do for your little girls. You are SO talented.