Wednesday, March 10, 2010

unmotivated

I have been feeling beyond unmotivated lately. It seems like I have so much to do and yet I just can't get myself to do any of it. I did however muster up enough motivation to go downstairs and clean up yesterday...I put away all the toys that were piled up and cleaned up mounds of drywall scraps (my throat and lungs are not happy with me for breathing in all that dust.) Our basement is slowing making progress and now that everything is cleaned up and out of the way, taping the drywall and getting the texture on should be a breeze (well at least easier than it would have been with all that crap in the way.) As happy as I am to think about the basement being finished, part of me is just thinking, "Crap, more house to clean" and where there once was excitement about painting and decorating there is dread and self-pity. Anyone want to come paint and decorate my basement when it is done?
...maybe I just need Spring to get here.

Moving on: I have to tell this story before I forget it...I had a couple others, but I wasn't fast enough and now I can't remember what they were.

Sun. night we started a little fire in our fire pit. Of course that made the girls want to roast marshmallows. Justee was determined to do it by herself. I wanted to help so she wouldn't catch it on fire, but she wouldn't let me. Alas, she caught it on fire. After blowing it out, I helped her take a bite not knowing what this would result in....She immediately spit it out and through gagging noises she yelled at me, "Why did you do that, Mommy?! I didn't say you could do that!" She rubbed her tongue and continued, "Now I have to get a drink! Don't ever do that again, ok Mommy?! That was yucky!" Then she stormed into the house to get a drink. Apparently Justee does NOT like burnt marshmallows...she let me help her with the rest of them.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

That story is adorable!! :) You are entitled to be as unmotivated as you want for a while...you had a looong year last year!! I agree that Spring is a 'good pick-me-up"!