Sunday, November 1, 2009

Haunted Night

In between eating as many Kit Kats as I could get my hands on, and caramel apples, I was eating spooky h'ordervs. Even with all of that eating, there is still tons of food and candy taking over my house. I guess that is a sign of a great Halloween.

Right before we got the girls dressed and ready so I could take some pictures, Justee fell asleep. I was tempted to wake her, but figured it would be better to have a happy pirate come t-or-t time than a grumpy one.




Sydnee loves to make scary faces...Chuck wanted to make one too...hers aren't quite as believable as Syd's. :)
Justin got this hat at Disney World with the intentions of being Jack for Halloween...that makeup sure didn't want to come off. He still looked like he was wearing eyeliner to church today. I think he can pull off the Adam Lambert look quite well. ;)

We had some friends over for "dinner" before heading out to trick-or-treat. It was soooo much fun to share all this creepy and yummy food. Larry carved a watermelon to look like a brain (very cool,) we had tortilla wraps that looked like ribs, ghost potato skins, bloody toes (mini hot dog wraps,) a gummy foot, witch finger bread sticks, mummy pizzas, scabs with pus dip (chips and cheese dip,) sushi and chicken rolls, and of course swamp juice to drink.
After feasting on some great food we took our pack out trick-0r-treating.


We had a gargoyle, a ninja, Batgirl, a witch, a vampire, Mario, a pirate, and an undisclosed football player (I'm surprised anyone gave that poor boy any candy. ;)

Justee and I bailed on the t-or-t-ing a little early because I wanted to get back to the house and pass out all the candy we bought for our trunk-or-treat that got cancelled. I do not need a huge bowl of mini candy bars in my house...I will eat them...every last one. :)

I finally got the chance to get a few pics of Justee after we were done.

She was saying "Arr matey." all day. Here is her "Arr" face.


spooky fog:



Once everyone finished collecting as much candy as their bags could carry, we enjoyed some traditional hot cider.

The old men each ate a toe off this gross candy foot:


Justee was very impressed with all of her candy. She just kept plowing through it all. At one point I caught her alternating 3 suckers in her mouth....that's when I decided it was time to take the candy bucket away.


Syd and Char had to get multiple hair washes to get all the color out. It didn't take them long to crash.

What a great way to end a wonderful Halloween.

11 comments:

Emily Asay said...

wow, you do some awesome costumes! and the treats were so fun!! where do u get all the energy (and patience) to do all that??

Tracy said...

LOVE the costumes!! What about all that party food?!! Looks pretty scary!! You're just way too much fun with way too much energy!!!! ;-)

Jill Asay said...

LOVE the costumes! I love that you guys get all into it!!The food looks great!

Teri said...

I guess I better make it clear that I only made a few of those things...So I didn't do as much as it seemed. :)

Stacey said...

I love the last picture of the girls and Justin. What a great Halloween for you all. Your little pirate is so sweet, I can't believe how fast she is growing and changing. Glad you had all the family together and had a great night!

nina said...

Wow, that is an amazing Halloween! I had to laugh because Justee and Callie are so similar. I debated about whether to wake her up from her nap too, and I did, and I regretted it! She also went CRAZY with the candy and ended up with a stomach ache the next morning.

ozzmom said...

Oh how fun love the costumes Justin looked awesome and whatever about the football player ;) RAIDERS RULE

Carola said...

Great party that I missed! I love your costumes

Vicki said...

Nice costumes. I especially love that vampire get-up. So cute... You really should have dressed up too. You at least could have hid one of your feet and acted like you were serving it.

Burton Family said...

I also really like the vampire costume. Karlee and Charlee could have been sister witches with their purple hair. Witches will always be my favorite. Justee looked great, too. Guyliner--not so bad, eh? Justin pulls it off pretty good.

Michelle Thompson said...

Jayson said Justin is a pretty man! We can't believe how skinny he looks! Love the girls costumes. Where was yours Teri?