Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fish Fiasco



When we got home after the New Year, our fish tank was so dirty I couldn't believe it. It took me 2 hours to clean it! After I got it all pretty again I decided we needed a few more fish. Sydnee loved the idea but it took a little more to convince Justin. Of course we finally went and got some more fish. Syd and Charlee were excited and both got to pick some out. (They love the pet store.) When I was getting ready to put them into the tank I needed to drain the water from the bags, so I took them to the kitchen sink and poked a hole in the bags. The big fish were too big to fall out, but we had a couple little ones that could fit through. Sydnee had just warned me not to let them go down the drain when one fell...yes, down the drain. Sydnee started bawling and I didn't know what to do. Justin told me to reach in and get it out. I felt for it and found it. Yuck! It freaked me out and I pulled my hand out. With Syd crying and feeling bad for the poor fish myself, I had to get it out. After a few more attempts, I finally saved the fish and put it in the tank. It swam around and looked fine. Sydnee was so happy; I still don't think she has noticed that the next morning it was dead:( Poor fish.

0 comments: