Saturday, April 17, 2010

Basement

This project began on Nov. 7, 2009. All the wood was sent through a window by lots of little helpers...and a couple big helpers.


Almost all of the wood sitting in the corner that is now Sydnee's bedroom. Part of the framing up.
The master himself...oh yeah, and Justin. hehe
Seriously though, we owe a HUGE, GINORMOUS thank you to Josh. He spent a lot of time in our basement the past 6 months.
Sydnee's room after drywall was done...just waiting for texture.


We started priming last Sat. The girls had a blast helping. We all were covered in paint by the end of it.
If you look close, you can see Charlee's white freckles.



Priming is finished! YAY!
Justin called me on Tuesday as I was starting to paint the colors on the walls and informed me that the carpet was to be installed the next morning so we had to finish painting that day. After 11 hours of painting I was DONE. We made it to bed at 2:30 that night. If it wasn't for my friend Abbey helping out, it would have been later. Although, I blame her for the following mess:

She was distracting me with conversation when I stepped off the step stool and directly into a can of paint. It was pretty awesome...and a quick way to paint my toenails. :)

I just painted Sydnee's room yesterday because we were waiting for her bedding to get here before picking colors. I really like how it has turned out so far. Sydnee wasn't one bit scared about sleeping in the basement alone...the first day her bed was set up, she slept in it.
There will be more pics to come as we get all the little finish work done. I am so excited about having extra room in our house...too bad I have to clean more now too.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Great looking toe polish!! :) Isn't is great that she slept downstairs by herself? Can't wait to see finished photos!

Bagleys said...

Oooh that's so exciting! It's like getting a new house, sort of...lol. Loving the white painted foot... hope you didn't let it dry on there! Haha. I laughed so hard... Your pics of your girls painting are so cute! They will have great memories of all the pictures you take... good job, mom!

Vicki said...

Good thing you have 17 pairs of those shoes...
Can't wait to see all the end results.

Carola said...

Your foot looks like a plaster of paris mold! Nice.
Congrats to all on a lot of hard work DONE!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

You all have been very busy....I can't wait to see the end results. Love the paint on the foot, that's a classic!