Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic Dream

As I have been watching the Olympics this past week, I have come to realize that my childhood dream of being an Olympic Gold Medalist may not come to pass. Most of the athletes are younger than me...with the rare exception of 30 year old Chinese skaters who won their gold out of pity...seriously they were good, but that medal was theirs before they stepped on the ice.
*On a figure skating note- How would you feel if after watching the Olympics your son looked at you and said, "I want to be a figure skater!" That would scare the crap out me I think.
I'm 28 and I have no gold medals. I would be happy with even a bronze, but nope ain't got one of those either. I feel like a loser. What great things have I ever accomplished? Today I managed to fool a 2 year old that it is her birthday. I'm going to be gone on her birthday, so today is her birthday as far as she knows. I want her to have the whole 3rd bday experience and believing that the day you celebrate your birthday is in fact your birthday is crucial. So now I am off to finish her giraffe cake (so glad she settled on giraffe after going back and forth with giraffe and a spider.) Maybe she will give me a gold medal for best giraffe cake she ever had...still not Olympic gold, but I guess it would suffice.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You get the Greatest Mom Gold Medal!! You are so inspiring! You have accomplished great things...look at those 3 sweet princesses and that great husband of yours! You have done very well!

Michelle Thompson said...

Stacey said exactly what I was going to say. You have won a gold medal for being a good mom. I envy you because I have never had the patience or been able to stay home with my kids to enjoy the things you have. Look at all the great experiences you and your girls have had because of you! I can't say that!

Linda said...

Your family. Now that's true gold.

Vicki said...

Keep that Justee on the ice and she can win a gold for you :)