Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For Love of the Game

I was so excited about going to play basketball last night at the church. Our Stake finally organized (might be the wrong word...is wasn't organized at all) a women's bball night. I think 20 women ended up showing up. 7 or so after the first game we started was half over. Then they wanted to be able to sub them all in. What? You show up late and want to take playing time from those of us who were here on time? So after some discussion (the talk of playing half court was shot down immediately by me...and others...I think, 5 on 5 half court just doesn't cut it) a second game would follow. Didn't seem that hard to figure out to me.


It didn't take long to remember that being in shape and being in basketball shape are two different things. I had a lot of fun despite a couple of injuries. I cannot remember the last time I jammed a finger...excluding last night of course. Going after a loose ball can be hazardous. It isn't a severe jam, but my ring doesn't come close to fitting over my fat, bruised finger. Braiding hair and typing are two things that become more complicated with a stiff digit.
It wasn't long into the game when I came down on some one's foot. I have never sprained an ankle or even twisted one, so it really sucked when I had to leave the court because of this...after some walking it off I returned. I think it is actually my foot that was injured...stupid foot still really hurts. I must be getting old. I'm turning into such a delicate flower. ;)

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Delicate flower?
Ha -- rub some dirt on it

Carola said...

Ouch!

Michelle Thompson said...

You just wait another 10 years! I am feeling real old and delicate these days! It was funny to hear you say delicate flower because that is what Jayson calls me! Ha Ha