Monday, December 28, 2009

Traditions

We never really got around to taking Christmas pictures this year...luckily I snapped a few quick ones as we raced to church the Sunday before Christmas. I wanted to do more real ones after we got home, but Justee was asleep and wouldn't wake up. This also meant that we never got around to sending Christmas cards either. Another tradition that didn't get done was a puzzle. We (well I, Justin is not so good ;) always like to do one, but with all the work Justin has been doing on the basement, we just didn't think we would have time.

On Christmas Eve we went to Alvin and the Chipmunks "The Squeakqual." The girls really liked it. When we came home the girls played in the snow, and then made cookies for Santa with their Dad. Sydnee kept saying things like, "Oh man, it is still light out. When is it going to be night?" and, "I just can't wait til it is nighttime!"
We always drive around and look at Christmas lights in our jammies. The girls took a bath and Sydnee was very concerned that she didn't have any Christmas pj's to wear. They had been looking forward to the one gift we promised them they could open that night, and they were all excited that they had new Christmas pj's and slippers. After looking at lights, Justin insisted we stop at a widow's house and shovel her driveway. It was dark and really cold, but I think Justin made record time with it. :)
Lastly we came home, watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Shrek the Halls, read the Christmas story from Luke, and Syd read Twas the Night Before Christmas. We drank hot cocoa and finally went to bed. Phew, it was a lot of fun and sometimes I think I like Christmas Eve more than Christmas.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

That is awesome that Justin shoveled that lady's driveway.

I wish you were here to help me finish the puzzle I started :)

Carola said...

And I wish you and Vicki were here to help me with the puzzle I started. As slow as I am you may both get a chance to help me unless I get Rob and Ashlee to help in the meantime.

Michelle Thompson said...

What pretty girls!

Stacey said...

Great picture of the girls and you! I hope you had a great Christmas!!