Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Visitors

We were lucky enough to have the Burtons come visit us this summer! The kids had some fun at a splash park one day, but it wasn't too long before the older ones were looking for more adventure than some fountains...

After seeing lots of other kids jumping off into the river, I told the girls (Syd, Char, Allie, & Karlee) that we would stay a while longer if one of them jumped. To my complete surprise, the older girls said no and Charlee immediately said, "I'll do it!"
Now, this was a complete shock to me and I doubted very much that she would jump once she got up there. I've always thought Charlee to be our little chicken...especially after Disney World.
I was totally wrong. She got up there and jumped without a moments hesitation. (We won't get into how she swam the wrong way (against the current) trying to get out and began to panic enough that another lady jumped in and pulled her out...mind you, she was already in a bathing suit and wet and reacted before I (fully dressed and dry) could react...that clears me of any "slow-to-save-your-own-child" accusations, right?)

Of course the other girls couldn't let Chuck be the only one to jump, and they quickly all followed.:) They all jumped a few times, even Charlee (who made sure to swim the other way) before it was time to go home.



Journee was great at keeping the younger ones happy, while I was taking pics.


(6/28/11)