Thursday, September 22, 2011

9 years ago

I became a mom...
This post is long overdue.
Sydnee wanted a red, white and blue ice cream cone for her bday this year...I went back and forth between a flat cutout cake or a 3D one...I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted to do it, but the 3D idea won.



The morning of the 4th, we all ran in a 5k (minus Justee, she got to hang out with Renae) with our friends, Josh, Sherri and their kids Jadyn and Ashlyn (Ash rode in a stroller pushed by her mom...crazy in the huge crowd.)










Despite the very slow start due to fighting through a huge crowd that had to bottle neck out onto the course, Sydnee achieved a new PR. (which I can't remember right now and I hope I find it somewhere) and took 2nd in her age group - 10 and under.





Sydnee decided she wanted her ears pierced for her birthday. When Chuck wanted hers done too...Sydnee happily agreed...as long as Chuck went first. ;) There were no cries or whimpers...just momentary face pulling...and a little hand squeezing.


Both girls said it was much easier and less painful than expected (I don't know how they feel...my ears are yet to be pieced.)


Sydnee was very happy with her birthday presents and party that held on the following day.






I decided that we are going to choreograph some words and pictures with our sparklers next year. I'm excited about it!

Sydnee had a water bday party with her friends...she was even nice enough to invite some of her friends little sisters who are friends with Charlee.
This is the cake without the two scoops of ice cream...I ended up using the giant cupcake pans to make the cake.

7 comments:

Jill Asay said...

That is an amazing cake! I love that you make cakes for your girls every year and take their pictures with them! What a fun tradition!!

Stacey said...

Great Cake! I love the 4 of you after the race great pict!

Carola said...

I must be emotional today because tears came to my eyes when I read--9 years ago I became a mom. You do a great job as a mom too. This post of Syd's b-day was fun (and emotional) for me to read. What a fun day for her. I love the hugs she gives.

The Edwards said...

You are incredible! Amazing pictures, amazing cakes, and you still have energy left over to run.

Kathy said...

Yes, you're an amazing little Mama. I am so impressed with absolutely every little thing you do. You're quite the girl from Lovell...

myrtle said...

Cool! that was really an amazing cake indeed.
buy rift account

Alexandra Rose said...

That looks like such a fun day. And what a great cake!

http://beingmama.com/
http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/