Saturday, July 17, 2010

I just don't get it

Yesterday we enjoyed ourselves at Water World. If there was a downside to the day it would be the annoyment of teenage boys wearing their underwear under their swimsuits. I do not want to see a good 3 inches of your chonies above the line of your swimsuit. Is it just me or is this new trend one of the stupidest things ever??? It is bad enough that boys want to show off their underwear when they are supposed to be fully dressed and dry, but letting them hang out when you are soaking wet in water that I am supposed to emerge myself in is just gross. I get that swimming pools and such are just plain gross when you think about how you are practically taking a bath with thousands of strangers, but adding the visual of soggy skivvies just about makes me want to puke. I had to fight back the temptation of telling a group of boys how stupid they looked and ask what in the world they were thinking. How long has this trend been going on? Am I out of the loop to have just noticed it? Hmmm, does the fact that this annoys me so badly really date me?
This may sound strange but - Mothers....Make your boys take their underwear off...or pull up their swim trunks....please.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm right there with you Ter! SO sick of looking at stuff that should be covered up. I've told Aydon and Jonas at least a hundred times they will NEVER wear pants like that. Those teenagers either need to walk around with pants or buy some that fit them right-seriously what part of that is COOL?? LOL

Michelle Thompson said...

We went to 7 Peaks water park in Provo yesterday and I saw the same thing all day and wondered the same things. Since when do boys where underwear while swimming?

nina said...

Never thought about soggy underwear at a pool till now, and I will never look at another pool the same....

Thanks Terri. :)

Stacey said...

I agree! YUCK!! Where are the moms in these boys lives??