Thursday, July 15, 2010

Halfway to 16

Sydnee wanted a white daisy as her cake this year. That made it pretty easy in the creativity department...but not so easy in the frosting department. All those nooks and crannies are hard to get into. She liked the result and I always tell myself that that is the important part.
Syd helped by putting some M&Ms on the cake.

Having a birthday on the 4th of July always makes for quite the party; especially when Sydnee gets to share her birthday with her cousin Azurdey.
We had a BBQ and then opened presents and had cake and ice cream. It was nice to have so much family there to celebrate with.

The girls' birthday's were made extra special because they got to have their uncle Mark there. (Justee didn't want her picture taken.)
After dessert the firework play started up. Trying to keep track of that many little ones while so many fire hazards surround them, about gave me a nervous breakdown. The kids had their fun with poppers and such and then once it was dark, the big kids (Justin, Mark, and Gerry) had fun with the bigger stuff.
Sydnee got lots of great presents (between Seattle, Japan and birthday pictures I ran out of room on my memory card; so I didn't get the usually pic of her with her presents.:( So I better make note of it.)
She got her first set of Scriptures along with a scripture bag and stickers, and a CTR ring from Justin and I. Char picked her out some Zhu Zhu pets and Justee gave her a dentist Barbie set. She got G-Force on DVD from Burtons and Jewelry from Gma/pa H. From Gma/pa D. and Sienna she got another Zhu Zhu. Uncle Rob and fam got her a journal. Of course she got her Love Dollar from Great Gma P. and a card from Thompsons. Hope I didn't forget anything...Thank you everyone for making Syd's bday so special.
Sydnee is such a sweet girl, she is happy and active and always up for fun. She shares well with her sisters and helps them when she can. I think she is a great big sister and I am sure Chuck and Justee would say the same. Sydnee was very excited about turning 8 because she could be baptized. She is a great example to her little sisters. I will have a follow-up post about her baptism soon.

2 comments:

nina said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! We got Kayla scriptures for her eighth birthday too.

Stacey said...

I cannot believe you have an 8 year old!!! She is a beautiful girl, just like you! Happy Birthday, Sydnee!